Getting an MBA is a great way to get ahead in your career as well as in your life. The lessons you learn will be invaluable, but you may wonder how to balance your school work with your parental responsibilities. Use these tricks to keep all aspects of your life in check.
Find your Work-School-Life Balance
Your responsibilities at both work and school are each important, and if you’re employed, that’s still more to do each day. The key to balancing them all is to set priorities. Understand what each of these sections of your life will need from you and make sure that they don’t adversely affect the other. Make sure all of your home life isn’t sacrificed to school work. Ensure that you do your best at your job and don’t try to do school work when you’re there.
Back to School- For Both of You
Now that it’s back to school season, you may have more time for your own school work. If you aren’t working during your kids’ school day, this will give you plenty of time to get your own schoolwork done while they’re at school. If you’re working during the day, set aside some time in the evenings for you and your child to do your homework at the same time. That way, you’ll both get it done, and you’ll have some uninterrupted homework time.
Balance Your Course Load
Being attentive to your child will make it difficult to take many tough courses at once. Keep your schedule balance by taking one of the hardest courses along with some that are less challenging so that school won’t take up all of your time. With a balanced course load, you also won’t have to worry about falling behind in your studies because of an aggressive school schedule.
Remember to Take Time for Yourself
A parent who takes some “me” time will be more fulfilled and ready to spend time studying and taking on parental duties. Schedule some down time each week to take care of your own needs. This will keep your busy schedule from getting overwhelming. With plenty of balance and forethought, it’s possible to take care of all of your responsibilities and to get ahead in life and in work.
Make advancements in your career while being a parent with Georgia College’s online graduate programs. Learn more about the benefits of our online degrees here and make your next move.
New business owners need to be budget conscious when promoting a small business. Therefore, many traditional ways of advertising and promotion are too expensive to use often. Small business owners often must be creative in their marketing efforts and find ways to squeeze the most out of every dollar.
Low-Cost Promotion Ideas for a Small Business
Once you know your promotion budget, it is time to find marketing ideas that will work with little monetary investment. Depending on where you can find potential clients, there are several methods that cost very little.
- Joining local business organizations to network is one of the most effective methods of prospecting. You can extend your network to help you find new clients. Often this cost for this type of promotion is your time and a set of business cards.
- Joining niche clubs or organizations is another networking avenue although less formal. By letting like-minded people know about your business, you can help find customers interested in your wares.
- For a small amount of money you can promote your business on social media. Promotion can be started out for free, then expanded for a small investment. Once you determine your best social media sites to target, you can focus your attention on marketing to specifically targeted audiences. You can choose from an array of interests and other demographics to narrow down your search.
- Pay Per Click advertising on the internet is available through search engines and other services. These ads can be purchased with your budget as a guide to keep your cost down. You control how much or little you spend.
- Simple ideas such as wearing a t-shirt to promote your company or driving a vehicle with your company’s logo and contact information helps put your company’s name in front of people for a nominal fee. You can design clothing on print-on-demand sites for a low fee and upload your own art and text.
- Online landing pages are very effective at driving people to your website as prospects and customers. This method is a bit more pricey as you need to create the landing page and advertising, but you can easily control the spend.
- Hosting a booth at a trade show can also be extremely effective for a relatively low cost. For this promotion to work properly, you need to choose the best trade shows for your business and be prepared to collect contact information and follow up immediately afterwards.
Earning an online graduate degree at Georgia College can help you gain a competitive edge when it comes to accomplishing you and your business’ goals. Learn more about the benefits of an MBA here as you make your next move.