Adequately preparing for exams is hard, especially if you’re balancing a full-time job and family duties all at the same time. As you’re working to earn your online graduate degree with Georgia College, keep these tips in mind to help you prepare the night before an exam.
Not everyone digests information in the same way; therefore you need to devise the best study habits that work for you. However, you may find that the following tips can help:
- If you take notes on your tablet or computer during class, writing down an outline or summary long-hand may help you to retain it better.
- Summarize your notes weekly in an audio or video file to change up styles of learning. You can listen to them when you are commuting to work, exercising, or grocery shopping.
- Review your notes in 30-to-45 minute time spans, then take a short break in-between.
The Night Before the Exam
How you decide to study the night before an exam can turn out crucial in your performance and ability to retain information. Keep these tips in mind to better your focus and use your time more efficiently:
- Organize your notes and review the sections that have given you the most trouble.
- Work on practice questions and answers to help prepare your test-taking skills.
- Eat a balanced meal; drink plenty of non-caffeinated liquids and go to sleep early. You will do better on your exam if you are well resting and feeling good.
- Find an activity that relaxes you such as meditation or listening to music. Disengaging your brain from your studying via intentional breaks will help you focus better the next day.
- Make sure you have everything you need for the exam the next day (pens, pencils, paper, etc.). No one likes to scramble at the last minute.
Whether you have a simple study routine or a complicated one, there are tips you can apply to avoid stress overload during a busy testing period. Striving to earn an online graduate degree may seem overwhelming at times, but is completely doable!
Make your next move with Georgia College today and apply for our online MBA, online MLSCM, or online MMIS degree.