When it’s the holiday season, one of the last things you want to do is work hard. You don’t want to work on assignments; you want to be spending time with loved ones and eating delicious food. But, when you’re a full-time employee while pursuing your master’s in business, it may feel like you don’t have time for all the merriment.
The good news is that there is a way to strike a balance between being productive and also enjoying the holidays. Keep reading below to learn how to be productive during the holidays while earning your online MBA.
Tips to Stay Productive During the Holidays as a Student
- Make a plan. The best way to stay on track is to write down all that you have to do. Have finals to accomplish? Need to submit an assignment? Hope to get in some studying? Writing it all down will keep you organized and give you a guide on how to be productive.
- Don’t sleep away your vacation. Get up early to knock out some work before the festivities begin or before the rest of your family members wake up. The quiet hours in the morning are a fantastic time to knock out your to-do list. However…
- It’s very important that you take the time to relax. The holidays are about being merry, so make sure you balance your work with play by doing all of your favorite traditions and seeing all of your favorite people.
- Use the extra time of the holidays to catch up on stuff you’ve been putting off. Exercise, update your resume and cover letter, declutter your workspaces, etc. When you finish those necessary, annoying to-dos, you will feel much better about yourself.
- Tackle to-dos one at a time. As tempting as it can be to start a new project when you are bored of one, it can often distract your brain and produce less high-quality work. Focus on one thing at a time so that you are also able to cross things off of your to-do list quicker.
The Georgia WebMBA, Master of Logistics and Supply Chain Management, and Master of Management Information Systems at Georgia College offers professionals the opportunity to make their next move by earning an accredited online master’s degree without interrupting their work and personal lives. If you’re curious about how we can work with you to help you complete your online MBA, click here to contact us today.